Terms and Conditions knit on texel retreat
- Knit on Texel is a product of the business Moonstruck Knits which aims to provide this Retreat.
- In these General Conditions, “participant” means: the natural person who registers for products and services as described in paragraph 4 of this article.
- In these General Conditions, “agreement” means: the legal relationship between Knit on Texel and participant.
- In these General Conditions, “services” means: all products and services delivered to the participant by Knit on Texel and/or by third parties brought in by Knit on Texel.
- In these terms and conditions, “website” means: the website www.moonstruck-knits.com.
Applicability of the Terms and Conditions
- The General Terms and Conditions apply to all agreements between participant and Knit on Texel, whereby Knit on Texel offers services or delivers products.
- Deviations from the General Conditions are only valid when explicitly agreed upon in writing with Knit on Texel.
- Registration for Retreat takes place exclusively by e-mail.
- Knit on Texel sends, not later than fourteen (14) days after receipt of the registration e-mail, a confirmation e-mail requesting payment of the agreed amount. Receipt of this payment is the confirmation of participation in the Retreat.
Participation in Retreat
- Knit on Texel advises participants to take out a travel insurance and liability insurance. The Retreat is attended entirely at own risk.
Execution of the agreement
- Knit on Texel will make every effort to carry out the services to the best of its knowledge and ability and according to the requirements of good craftsmanship.
- If and when necessary for the proper execution of the agreement, Knit on Texel has the right to have certain activities carried out by (a) third party (parties).
- The participant shall ensure that Knit on Texel is provided in good time with all the details which Knit on Texel has stated to be necessary or which the participant should reasonably understand to be necessary for the execution of the agreement.
- The participant shall ensure that Knit on Texel is able to provide its services adequately and on time. If the participant does not do this, then he is obliged to compensate Knit on Texel for the resulting damages.
Suspension, dissolution and early termination of the agreement
- Knit on Texel is authorized to suspend the fulfilment of the obligations or to dissolve the agreement if the participant does not, not completely or not in a timely fashion fulfil the obligations arising from the agreement, or if Knit on Texel has good reason to fear that the participant will not fulfil these obligations.
- Furthermore, Knit on Texel is authorized to dissolve the agreement if circumstances arise of such a nature that the fulfillment of the agreement is impossible or if the unaltered maintenance of the agreement cannot reasonably be expected.
- If the participant does not fulfil his obligations and this does not justify the dissolution of the agreement, then Knit on Texel is entitled to dissolve the agreement immediately and with immediate effect without any obligation on his part to pay any compensation or indemnity, while the participant, due to default, is obliged to pay compensation or indemnity.
Cancellation by participant
- If the participant, for whatever reason, can no longer take part in the Retreat and wishes to cancel, the following rules apply with regard to the refund of participation costs owed:
- Up to two months before the start of the Retreat participants deposit will not be refunded unless there’s another person to take participants place at the Retreat.
- Within two months before the start of the Retreat no participation fee will be refunded unless there’s another person to take participants place at the Retreat.
- Participant has until two weeks before the start of the Retreat to arrange for a substitute participant. Without prior written approval for this replacement participant by Knit on Texel, the replacement will not take place.
Cancellation by Knit on Texel
- Cancellation by Knit on Texel will take place when there are good reasons to do so. By legitimate reasons is also meant, but not limited to: insufficient number of participants in the Retreat and illness of instructors.
- Knit on Texel will inform participant(s) immediately in case of cancellation of the Retreat.
- In case of cancellation, as described in 8.1, participant has the right to a refund of the amount already paid. Participant cannot claim any form of compensation and/or damages.
Costs, honorarium and payment
- All amounts mentioned in the offer are in Euros and include VAT unless otherwise stated.
- Knit on Texel has the right to correct obvious mistake in the price quote.
- Participant must have paid a deposit of €850,- of the total amount within 7 days after confirmation of participation in the Retreat. The remaining amount must be transferred no later than eight (8) weeks before the start of the Retreat.
- If participant applies within eight (8) weeks before the start of the Retreat, then participant must, after participation has been confirmed by Knit on Texel, transfer the full amount within three (3) days.
- If participant does not pay on time, the right to participate can be cancelled. Knit on Texel will inform the participant in time.
- Payment takes place via the payment service bank transfer or Paypal. In an email to the participant a link to the payment will be sent. Costs associated with the payment method of choice are for participant’s account.
- Except for what is explicitly stated in the agreement and/or in these general conditions, Knit on Texel offers no other guarantees, assurances or conditions concerning the services.
- The participant is responsible for providing correct and representative data and information necessary for the implementation of the agreement. Knit on Texel is not liable for damages, among other things based on an incorrect order, if the participant has provided incorrect, unrepresentative or irrelevant data.
- Knit on Texel is not responsible for mistakes or negligence by third parties. By making use of the services of Knit on Texel, the participant authorizes Knit on Texel, if a third party called in by Knit on Texel wishes to limit their liability, to accept the limitation of liability on behalf of the participant.
- Knit on Texel is not liable for personal injury as a result of participating in activities of the Retreat. Neither is Knit on Texel responsible for the loss or damage to the belongings of the participant.
- Knit on Texel is not responsible for indirect damages, including but not limited to business losses, stagnation damages, missed savings, reduced goodwill and loss of profit.
- Knit on Texel is not responsible for possible mistakes on the website.
- Knit on Texel is not responsible for not fulfilling, or not fulfilling in time, the obligations which result from the agreement, in case this is caused by force majeure as described in article 13 of these General Conditions.
- The participant safeguards Knit on Texel against claims from third parties, of whatever nature, which are related to the services.
- If Knit on Texel is held responsible, it will only be liable for direct damages which have actually been incurred, paid or suffered by the participant because of a demonstrable shortcoming in the obligations of Knit on Texel concerning its services.
- The liability of Knit on Texel is limited to the amount covered and paid out by the insurer. If the insurer does not pay out, or if Knit on Texel is not insured, then the liability is limited to the amount paid by the participant.
- The limitation of liability as described in this article does not apply if there is intent or deliberate recklessness on the part of Knit on Texel.
- This provision does not exclude liability insofar as liability cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Force majeure means, all external causes, beyond the control of Knit on Texel, which make timely, complete or accurate fulfillment of the agreement impossible.
- Force majeure as described in the previous paragraph includes, but is not limited to: failure of a third party, illness of staff of Knit on Texel or a third party, abnormal weather conditions, failures in water and energy supplies, strikes, serious disruptions in the systems of Knit on Texel, fire, floods, natural disasters, pandemic restrictions, riots, war or other national unrest.
- In the event of force majeure, fulfillment of the agreement will be suspended for as long as the force majeure persists.
- If the force majeure lasts longer than three months, both parties are entitled to dissolve the agreement without court intervention. In such a case, Knit on Texel will proceed to refund any payments made and will deduct any costs made by Knit on Texel in relation to the agreement.
Confidentiality of Data
Rights and obligations during the Retreat
- Participation in the program during the Retreat is voluntary. Not participating does not entitle you to a refund of any portion of the fee.
- Drugs and excessive alcohol consumption are not allowed during the entire Retreat. Smoking is also not allowed inside the locations offered by Knit on Texel.
- Knit on Texel is respectful towards all participants and expects the same from each other.
- Participants must treat the environment and locations with care. Any damage will be charged to the person who caused it.
- Making video or sound recordings during the Retreat is only permitted after prior permission by Knit on Texel.
- If the rules, as described in this provision, are not followed, Participant can be removed from the Retreat. In that case Participant has no right to a refund of payment.
- If Participant has a complaint, Participant should send this in writing and sufficiently motivated to email@example.com
- Knit on Texel will respond within fourteen (14) days.
- Knit on Texel is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 57245495 and carries the VAT identification number 149118806B01. Knit on Texel is based in Amsterdam. Knit on Texel can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , via the Website www.moonstruck-knits.com .
Applicable law and competent judge
- The legal relationship between Knit on Texel and its participant is subject to Dutch law.
- All disputes which may arise between Knit on Texel and participant will be settled by the competent judge of the District of Amsterdam.