Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Today the focus is on getting there, getting familiar with all Nieuw Leven and its surroundings have to offer, and getting to know each other.
Please arrive on the island between 3 and 6 pm, so you won’t miss any of the fun!
If you are not traveling by car, we will pick you up on the Texel side of the ferry terminal. In Nieuw Leven, there will be a welcome aperitive and some bites waiting for you. Once everyone is comfortably settled in, it’s time for the Knit on Texel swag bag and a presentation of the Knit on Texel design.
Chef Karin will take care of our tastebuds with an amazing 3-course dinner, and the remainder of the evening can be spent as you please (knitting? cycling? exploring the surroundings? watching the flames in the fireplace?).
Thursday, May 11, 2023
Today is for knitting, learning, laughing, and an island sun set.
You will start your day with a sumptuous breakfast made with fresh, local produce by Nieuw Leven.
After that, knitters can indulge in a knitting class by Nancy or Natasja. Lunch will be prepared by Karin, and in the afternoon our knitters can join a class again.
In the late afternoon, it’s time to get ready for the Knit on Texel knit night, at the most stylish beach club Texel has to offer. There, a gourmet dinner and sunset await you, and for the brave among us, there will surely be time for a seaside stroll!
Friday, May 12, 2023
Of course, there will be a lot of knitting going on today, but we will also explore beautiful Texel a little more.
First a lovely breakfast by Nieuw Leven to start your day, followed by a knitting class by Natasja or Nancy. Afterwards, Karin will treat us to a delicious lunch, followed by a tour of the island.
We will visit a sheep farm, and Natasja will show you many gorgeous photogenic spots. If we are lucky, her mother (who was born and raised on Texel) will come along too, so you can ask her all about the island.
The evening is reserved for a tasty dinner prepared by chef Karin, knitting, and for those who are into it, a bingo game or two.
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Today will be about knitting, unwiding, and enjoying everything the island has to offer at our own pace.
Nieuw Leven will take care of our breakfast again, after which our knitters can join Nancy or Natasja for their last class. After a tasty lunch prepared by Karin, there will be private time to knit, swim, use the spa facilities or hop on one of the available e-bikes to explore the island further. And of course, if you have other thoughts on how to spend your time, just let us know and we will help you with arrangements.
As for the evening, Karin will be ready for us with a delicious dining experience, and the remainder of the evening can be spent knitting, chatting and relaxing.
Sunday, May 14, 2023
Today is for goodbyes.
After breakfast by Nieuw Leven we will bring you to the ferry and hope you’re on your way with a lot of lovely new memories, a few great new friends, and some special stories to treasure.
Rooms & Suites
No longer available – These rooms are all reserved. If you are interested in a Standard Room, please email us and we will place you on a reserve list.
These tasteful rooms are located in on the second floor (two flights up) with a breathtaking view of the Texel landscape from the two skylights. The room comes equipped with a bathroom with wellness shower and a spacious sink. The tasteful design and furnishings make for a lovely and relaxing stay.
No longer available – These rooms are all reserved. If you are interested in an Estate Room, please email us and we will place you on a reserve list.
These spacious rooms are located on the first floor (one flight up) of the villas, with breathtaking views over the Texel landscape. The rooms have a beautiful lavish bathroom with a wellness shower and a spacious washbasin. Oak doors, concrete elements, and tasteful design and furnishings make your stay a lovely experience!
GROUND FLOOR ROOMS (wheel chair friendly)
No longer available – These rooms are all reserved. If you are interested in a Ground Floor Room, please email us and we will place you on a reserve list.
An airy, beautiful room on the ground floor of one of the three villas. The bathroom boasts a wellness shower and a spacious sink. The tasteful, well-thought-out interior with its natural, honest materials and beautiful details will surely delight you and make your stay into something special.
No longer available – These rooms are all reserved. If you are interested in a Junior Suite, please email us and we will place you on a reserve list.
These spacious rooms are located on the first floor (one flight up) of the villas, with breathtaking views over the Texel landscape.
These expansive rooms have a truly unprecedented bathroom in its opulence that boasts a large private sauna, whirlpool, wellness shower and a spacious washbasin.
This room is suitable for placing in an extra bed for occupancy by three people, if you wish.
Prices & Booking
|Double occupancy||€ 1850, – pp|
|Singe occupancy||€ 2250, – pp|
|Non-knitter companion||€ 1550, – pp|
|Double occupancy||€ 1950, – pp|
|Singe occupancy||€ 2350, – pp|
|Non-knitter companion||€ 1650, – pp|
Ground floor room
|Double occupancy||€ 2000, – pp|
|Non-knitter companion||€ 1700, – pp|
|Double occupancy||€ 2100, – pp|
|Non-knitter companion||€ 1800, – pp|
Included in price
- Transfers from and to the ferry terminal on arrival and departure from Texel
- Accommodation for 4 nights at the Nieuw Leven villa’s
- Daily breakfasts
- Daily lunches and 3 diners by our own chef
- Coffee, tea and home-made lemonade in several flavors
- Sunset knit night (including gourmet dinner) in a beach club on the island
- Tour of the island including a visit to a sheep farm
- Availability of e-bikes for retreat guests
- Free WIFI and parking
- For knitters: knitting classes according to schedule and a Knit on Texel swag bag including a knitting pattern for the Knit on Texel design
- Traveling expenses to and from Texel
- Beverages other than coffee, tea or lemonade at our accommodation
- Beverages at the beach club
General terms & conditions and cancellation policy
Reservation and payment
- You will receive an email to confirm your reservation. Full payment of the retreat is required to reserve your place.
- A deposit of €750,- is required after your reservation is confirmed.
- Payments are accepted by bank transfer or via PayPal. Credit card payments are possible through PayPal. Please note that in case of payment by PayPal, a surcharge of 3.5% will apply to cover PayPal costs.
- Payment of the remaining amount must be received no later than March 10, 2023.
- In the event you would need to cancel the retreat after you have confirmed your participation, please les us know as soon as possible by email.
- If cancelled before March 10, 2023, the deposit will not be refunded unless we find someone to take your place. If we find someone to take your place, we will refund your deposit, less a cancellation fee of €250,-.
- For cancellations received after March 10, 2023, there will be no refund of payment unless we find someone to take your place. In that case, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Moonstruck Knits reserves the right to cancel the retreat or change the program without giving any reason. In the event that a cancellation is necessary, payments will be fully refunded.
- We recommend that you have a travel insurance that covers your cost should you have to cancel you trip with short notice.
Of all Dutch islands, Texel is the easiest to get to. You can travel by car -Texel is the only Dutch island that allows visitor cars-, or public transportation.
From Schiphol airport
Take a train to Amsterdam Central Station. Trains to Amsterdam CS leave every ten minutes, and the ride takes about 15 minutes.
From Amsterdam Central Station
Take a direct train to Den Helder. These trains leave every 30 minutes, and the journey takes about 75 minutes. At Den Helder station, hop on bus 33 in direction of the ferry terminal (Steiger TESO). This is a 5 minute ride. At the terminal, take the ferry to Texel and inform us of your arrival time, so we can pick you up on the Texel side.
Are you coming to Texel by car? Enter the address of Nieuw Leven in your navigation system, then drive to Den Helder following the directions of your navigation system and the signs for Texel. Once you reach the ferry terminal in Den Helder, you will drive past the vehicle counters or the self-service machines after which you will arrive at the boat landing area.
No reservations for the ferry are required, but when you come by car, it is advisable to purchase your ferry ticket in advance to speed up your trip.
The ferry leaves every hour (on the half hour) from Den Helder in off-season and every half hour in peak-season, and the the trip takes approximately 20 minutes.
Address Nieuw Leven
Nieuw Leven Texel
791 LT Den Burg